-Debbie was an amazing resource to have throughout pregnancy and beyond- she was always quick to respond to pregnancy, birth and postpartum questions and concerns and her childbirth class was a huge resource of information that helped both myself and my husband feel more prepared. Having lost my mom 4years ago, I found Debbie to be a much needed source of emotional support and the comforting female presence that I craved.
During birth and labor, she provided comfort measures and constant coaching on how to breathe and move properly to release excess tension, conserve energy and make the contractions more efficient. She even took videos and pictures throughout the process which we will cherish forever. Having a a natural birth at home with my first baby was the most challenging and rewarding experience of my life and I am eternally grateful for the support that got me through it.
-Debbie is truly amazing. When she got to my house she knew exactly what to do and say to keep me calm. She knew exactly when it was time to go to the birthing center and if it wasn’t for her I would have been on my way to the hospital to get an epidural. She help eased my fear and pain by a lot!!! She never left my side during the entire labor process and knew exactly what I needed without me even asking. I could not have done it without her. She kept me so calm and helped me have an amazing all natural water birth! She brought so much peace and comfort. My husband and I are still in awe over her and can not recommend her enough! I love that she works for you and has your best interest no matter the setting. We absolutely love her! Also her postpartum help is incredible she helped me with breastfeeding so much! We will definitely be using her for our next! Thank you so much Debbie you are truly gifted by God at what you do. Sarah
-Wow, where to start? From our first meeting, I knew Deborah was the right doula for me. I felt from day one that we were best friends. I had a complicated pregnancy and I honestly don’t know how I would’ve made it through 10 weeks on bed rest without her constant support. On days I felt like giving up, she knew exactly what to say to lift my spirits and reminded me I could do anything for my baby boy. Any time I had a question, she ALWAYS had an answer. If she didn’t have it right then, she would do her research, ask around, and get back with me. We always knew we wanted a doula, but we had no idea how much we needed her!
When the birthday finally came, she was there the second my husband called her (which was the middle of the night). She was by my side through my labor just like she was during my pregnancy. Her sweet spirit helped keep me calm in my most trying moments of labor. She supported every decision we made from day one to the day we brought our baby boy into the world. But the beauty of it all, she didn’t disappear after it was all said and done. She has come to visit, she wrote a beautiful birth story I will cherish forever, and remained a huge support during times when having a newborn isn’t always easy. To this day, if I have a question, I text Deborah and she always gets back with me with an answer. She doesn’t have to do that. Her “job” is over. But she does it because you are more than a “client” to her, you are her friend.
My pregnancy, labor, and birth of our son is a beautiful story. It is OUR beautiful story and I’m blessed to have Deborah a part of it.
Lauren and Thomas
– Debbie was eager to meet me and get to know me and my family from the first time I contacted her. She is down to earth and so thorough at the same time! I found her support and guidance as a doula invaluable to childbirthing with confidence & peace. When my blood pressure spiked to dangerous levels at 39 weeks, and inducing a VBAC was not in my doctor’s care model, Debbie brought clarity to what seemed like a crisis; and she remained a steadfast interpreter between us and the medical staff. She encouraged me through acceptance of my body and my son’s gentle C-section birth. My husband was able to remain calm and
be present with me because Debbie brought her wisdom to the scene, and her photography skills were a very special bonus, allowing us to focus on the birth but also have the moment documented! Her love of life and birth shines in her care.
– My Doula, Debbie, was wonderful. She was so supportive, and when I didn’t progress like I had hoped she would always tell me that it was normal. She would give me examples of other moms who had been through the same thing. She also kept in contact with me, texting to find out how I was feeling. If I had a question, she would answer promptly or find out from other resources and get back to me. The contact didn’t stop after the birth. 4 months later she still checks up on me. She did a postpartum visit with me, and she helped me with issues like breast engorgement and breastfeeding problems. She was a wonderful emotional support to me and was so accepting of my feelings. I would highly recommend her to any woman looking to have an incredible birth experience!
– Debbie was awesome! Her wealth of knowledge coupled with amazing endurance literally took a load off my shoulders. Dads, if you’ve never done hip squeezes–you’ll quickly find out how tough they get down the home stretch. Debbie was right there to help every time we needed her. She was supportive right from the start, and she was there until we left Labor & Delivery!
I can’t even begin to thank you for all the help and support that you provided not only in labor, but before and after as well. You helped me find my childbirth educator, placenta encapsulator, Pediatrician and took all my crazy phone calls. I think you should add Therapist to your card! Ha! The labor help was incredible and I know that you used every muscle in your body!! I could not have done it without your help.
I can’t thank you enough for everything you did. You went above and beyond the call of duty and made the whole experience amazing! You are already hired for our next pregnancy!
P.S. You are GREAT at what you do!
Love ya, Steven
– I was so thrilled to have Debbie at my birth. She was encouraging when needed, worked with the birth team well, and helped me take the labor skills (breathing, positions, etc) I knew, and put them into practice. She jumped to whatever task needed being done, whether it was helping me directly, or aiding the birth team. She was by my side the entire time, placing warm rags on me, holding my hand and telling me that “I could do it”. I was very appreciative of the love and support she gave to me during the labor of my daughter! –
– I hired Debbie to be my doula with my first pregnancy when I was already 35 weeks pregnant! I wanted a natural, un-medicated birth but couldn’t decide on whether or not to hire a doula. My husband and I were referred to Debbie from another doula that did our childbirth education. We contacted her and met up and we instantly felt at ease with her. We are so glad that we did hire her! I had a very long, hard labor and feel like I could not have made it without her. She was such a source of support not only during labor, but after when I had a lot of questions about caring for a newborn. We are expecting our second child, and one of the first things we did this pregnancy was hire Debbie! We decided to switch from an OB to a midwife at a birth center, and Debbie has been so great in supporting my decisions. I am excited to experience another birth with Debbie.
– I can’t imagine what my birth would have been like if Debbie wasn’t there! Both my husband and I can attest to her ability and knowledge. Her presence during the birth of our son was a tremendous help. This was our first pregnancy and we both wanted to have an encouraging coach to help us along the way. I wanted to have a birth naturally without any medication. Debbie was helpful in educating us in what to expect in the weeks leading up to the birth, the childbirth process, and what to expect postpartum. Debbie was very professional and nurturing throughout the labor and delivery. She was quick to suggest laboring positions and to ask questions and make suggestions that were in my best interest. Debbie helped us achieve our ideal labor and delivery. Trystan was born naturally in the water as I wanted. She is awesome and we recommend her highly. I will definitely want Debbie as my doula again for my next birth!
– Debbie was absolutely amazing. She’s very knowledgeable about pregnancy, the labor and delivery, and breastfeeding. She listens to what her families’ wishes for their labor and delivery are, and does her best to uphold that for the duration of the childbirth, through whatever events may come up. The most helpful aspect of having a doula was having someone with us the whole time who supported our wishes for natural childbirth, and who knew what was happening and could provide comfort and confidence throughout. Debbie was at my wife’s side the entire time, guiding her through the pain with me, cheering her on with me, rubbing her back and helping her through some very intense contractions. I found that I was much more at ease, and more able to focus on being 100% present for my wife. She knows when to be there and when to let the family have their own tender moments during this special time. She was caring and professional. Debbie’s calm and encouraging presence was empowering to both my wife and I, and this made for an especially rewarding birth experience moment in our lives and we highly recommend her as a doula. From the moment you first meet Debbie, you will feel at ease with her and know she will be a great person to have on your side in the delivery room.
– We cannot say enough great things about Debbie and her services as our doula. After deciding at 30 weeks to have a natural birth for our second son, we knew we needed a doula – and after our interview with Debbie, we immediately knew she was the perfect addition to our birth team. She always took the time to answer any questions we had, offered suggestions and resources, and provided us with a sense of empowerment. Debbie is truly a gem and I can’t imagine having the amazing birth experience that I did without her there! You will never regret having this amazing woman by your side – my only regret was not having had her earlier in my pregnancy.
Joanna, Jeremy, Asher and Noah
– I had my baby on Feb 22, 2013 and I still call Debbie my Doula. I was so honored to have her on our birthing team; a dream come true for me. I met Debbie at a women’s Bible study that she helped to lead. I just remember her being so well organized, a stay-at-home mom, very personable and loving. The BEST part is She prays for me!! I also had a desire to VBAC and she had experienced her own VBAC. She was really helpful in making sure that I was fully informed of all my options before going into labor. She guided me in my research and gave me questions to ask the midwives/doctors. I love feeling empowered and encouraged especially after my experience with my oldest child. The docs induced 10 days early bc they thought she’d be a big baby…I know better now I was able to go 41 weeks this time around and my body went into labor naturally! My early labor went on for two days straight but on the second day she drove 45 minutes to try to assist in natural movements and exercises to try to get my labor to progress and it did! SUCCESS!! We achieved our desire for a vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) after 68 hours of labor total (48 hours of early labor and 20 hours of active to birth). We are so overjoyed! God is so good. Thank you, Debbie, for all your time and efforts. You will forever be appreciated and every time I look at my baby girl, Sage, I will think of the work; the team it took to get her here!
Love, La Shai
-My husband and I met Deb through a mutual friend after asking general questions about natural, med free births. I was about 15 weeks pregnant when we made the switch from our OBGYN to a birth center with a midwife. We had no idea what we were getting into, all I knew was that I wanted to experience, REALLY experience, birth as it is truly meant to be this time around (this was our second child). Deb was incredibly knowledgeable but more importantly she made us feel comfortable. Comfortable with our decisions and comfortable with her. She was available to answer questions whenever I thought of them and she continuously reassured both my husband and me when our nerves started to get the best of us. We learned more about what we would be physically and emotionally going through from Deb than we did through numerous books, documentaries, birth classes and even our midwife. She made the entire experience, pregnancy included, so positive and memorable. Our birth could not have gone any better. We communicated the entire that time I was in labor and she knew exactly what to do, even when I didn’t. She arrived at the birth center and also coordinated with our photographer to make sure that she arrived on time as well. That was a very good thing because I was fully dilated when we showed up! The pain tolerance techniques that she taught us really helped us labor at home. The birth went very smoothly. She encouraged me through each contraction in a very loving way. I know that our entire experience wouldn’t have been as positive without her. She is an amazing woman who truly cares about her clients. Deb has become a close family friend of ours and we love her and her family dearly. My husband and I highly recommend her to anyone who is considering hiring a doula.
-Tiffany, Doug & Tucker
-My husband and I were having our first child and wanted some support during delivery since we do not have family in town. I chose Debbie because she has a great personality and is very knowledgeable about the birthing process from both a professional and personal perspective. During the labor process, Debbie was attentive, patient, accommodating, helpful, calm, understanding, and encouraging. She listened to my needs and offered physical, emotional, and spiritual support at the appropriate times. She also served as a great guide for my husband when he wasn’t sure what to do. She stayed with us through a long labor and delivery and still keeps in touch. I was beyond pleased with the service she offered and would absolutely recommend her to other expecting mothers.
-Debbie was such a dream to work with! Leading up to my labor and delivery we became friends, not just acquaintances. We were able to spend our meetings getting to know each other; she listened to my desires about this pregnancy and the outcome, she encouraged me to voice my opinion and to follow through with what I wanted. At no time did I feel uncomfortable or judged for what I wanted. When I went into labor she quickly came to be by my side and reassured me that I was doing what I needed to be doing. Throughout my labor and delivery experience Debbie provided her expertise with coping techniques and soft affirmations. She enabled my husband to feel comfortable in knowing how to support me and helped him stay relaxed as well! Debbie was the perfect addition to my birth team and I fully believe I could not have had my perfect birth story without her in it!
-Debbie was absolutely amazing! She helped make my birth experience how I had envisioned and she helped me stick to my plan even when I was at my wits end and wanted to give up. She’s extremely knowledgeable which made me feel confident and reassured. Then after the birth she still remained a huge help and I knew she genuinely cared about my baby and I. She went above and beyond when we found out my son had a lip and tongue tie which made breastfeeding painful and emotionally stressful, so she found a Dr that would fix it and she even came with me to the appointment. I don’t know what I would have done without her, she really is an amazing doula.
-Debbie was such a wonderful doula. She was so kind, gentle and encouraging. She was a wealth of information, and anything she didn’t know she went out of her way to find out for me. I was able to have a VBAC largely in part of Debbie. I will always be so grateful for her.
-To doula another doula isn’t always the easiest, but Debbie humbly agreed to be my doula for the birth of my daughter. Debbie reminded me not to doula myself and to just enjoy my pregnancy and to be confident in my ability to birth. Even though I knew what was going on, it was so incredibly reassuring to hear Debbie say my thoughts out loud to me. Debbie was very involved in my pregnancy and spent quality time with my husband and I at prenatal visits. I felt so safe in Debbie’s care and knew she was going to help me get the birth I wanted. The morning I woke up in labor I was completely underestimating what was happening. Debbie was better able to look at the situation objectively and she came to my side right away knowing things were moving fast. While I didn’t need much physical support in my speedy labor, I needed a LOT of emotional support and prayer, both of which Debbie handled with such grace and confidence. I could not have had my home birth without her support and love. Debbie prayed over me and reminded me that everything I was feeling was normal and that I was stronger than anything I was feeling. When it came time to push I had many doubts in myself and fears about what was to come. Debbie held my hand and told me I could do it as she prayed over me, and I DID IT. Debbie looked after me postpartum and was always checking in with me in the days and weeks after the birth of my daughter. I am so grateful to have had you by our side, Debbie. Love you! XOXO
-From my very first visit with Debbie, I just knew she was going to be a fantastic doula and help provide the birth I was hoping for. She took an immediate interest in my family and was so warm and caring. She truly had my best interest, which made it so easy to trust her.
The days before I had my baby, I had false labor on and off, and I was getting really frustrated. Debbie was so encouraging and helped me get a positive attitude back. She came to the house and worked her doula magic, and my husband and I swear that’s what started my real labor. All through labor she was unbelievably attentive to my needs and wants. She gave both my husband and I such a peace of mind. She felt like a dear friend, and was such an incredible part of my birth experience. There’s no one else I would choose for a doula!
-What makes Deborah such an amazing doula is that she was a support system for me and my husband, not only during delivery, but throughout my entire pregnancy and anytime thereafter. Deborah’s kindness and compassion was felt every time we communicated. She has a wealth of knowledge regarding pregnancy, delivery, and postpartum. We both highly value Deborah’s recommendations and continue to use her advice regarding caring for our baby. Once you work with Deborah you quickly realize that she doesn’t work as a doula for a job, she does this work as her calling. She made our birthing experience tremendous and we love her dearly for her dedication to our family!
-From the first moment meeting Debbie I knew we were gonna get a long great. Her welcoming smile and bright personality lit up the room. After our first meeting we immediately began texting almost daily. She always had a quick response that put my mind at ease and answered all my questions precisely. Throughout my pregnancy small questions would arise and all of them were answered by her quickly. As the time to have our baby girl closer she came to our house for a fun but informational visit to go over pain relief techniques and our birth plan. One thing I loved about our visits was how awesome she was with our two year old son Parker. He just loved when she visited. Our birth story is a bit of a crazy one because I delivered our baby girl in the front seat of my car. Debbie was there to catch the head as the EMT arrived. Debbie remained calm through this whole experience which put my mind at ease as well as my husband and son. She was amazing under pressure and I cannot thank her enough for that. At the hospital she stayed to help with breastfeeding and still continues to mentor me on breastfeeding tips almost daily. Debbie is now a great friend and a part of our family and I couldn’t have had a better experience from day one! We love you Debbie and appreciate everything you have done and continue to do for our family!
-This was our 3rd baby, 1st time using a Doula and choosing Debbie was by far the best decision that I as an expecting mother (vbac) and my husband made. Debbie had an ability to make us feel calm and ready to expect what was coming. She did not push her opinion but did give us an abundance of knowledge. While in labor she made me feel loved, comforted and calm. She had me try many things and positions to help me get comfortable and work through contractions. She made sure that the birth plan was followed to a T, as well as being a huge support to my husband. From the beginning I felt in my heart I had a very special bond with Debbie so when it came time to “hire” her it was a no brainier. Debbie made my VBAC possible, without her I could not have done it. Being a VBAC mom herself she understood me and my goals for my birth. I would absolutely recommend Debbie and her Doula services, we are so grateful she was a part of one of the most intimate and most important times in our lives.
-I could not have had a more beautiful, un-medicated birth without Debbie. Her presence was priceless. She was calm, supportive, and a rock for me and my husband to lean on. Every technique she used helped to push me closer toward my goal. She listened to our desires and constructed the perfect birth plan. Debbie was there to answer any and all questions we had during our pregnancy, delivery, and postpartum care. The birth story she created for us was the cherry on top. We were able to go back in time and remember all the small details of that special day. I highly recommend Debbie as your doula, you will not be disappointed.
-Debbie was an awesome doula!!! She is super down to earth and very knowledgeable. Two things I needed in a doula. Never once did I feel judged or pushed in any decision. It felt really natural having her there with us every step of the way. My husband and I both were very happy we hired her. She made the navigating through the system way less stressful than our first birth! We rave about her every chance we get! Sarah